Lemon Apple Cheese Cake
|Lemon gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canned apple sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs) (1 Can)|
|Graham cracker crumbs/Gingersnap crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Dissolve the mixture of unflavored gelatin and lemon gelatin in boiling water and cool.
2. Cream in sugar and cream cheese. Mix in vanilla, gelatin mixture and apple sauce. Allow the mixture to chill till it thickens.
3. Meanwhile chill evaporated milk till icy, add ½ a cup of chopped nuts, brown sugar, crumbs, melted margarine or butter and mix well.
4. Take a 7 to 8 inch spring form pan, add the crumb mixture, pressing to the bottom and about 1 inch on the sides.
5. Slowly add the icy milk and beat the thick apple and gelatin mixture to blend well. Continue beating at high speed till mixture turns creamy soft and the volume is doubled.
6. Take a pan, prepare it, pour in the mixture, top with rest of the ¼ cup nut and allow to chill for minimum of 5 hours. For better results, chill overnight.
7. Slice and serve.