Sour Cream Walnut Cheesecake
|Zwieback crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce, softened (2 Packages Of 8 Ounce Each)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , well beaten|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Combine zwieback crumbs, the 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons of the walnuts; blend in butter or margarine. Press mixture evenly on bottom and side of an 8-inch spring-form pan. Chill.
2. Beat cream cheese with electric mixer at medium speed, in a large bowl, until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Beat in eggs, one third at a time. Turn into prepared pan.
3. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 40 minutes, or until center is firm. Remove from oven. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes, away from drafts.
4. Combine sour cream, remaining sugar and vanilla. Spread over top of cake; sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
5. Return to moderate oven (350°) 5 minutes, or until topping is set. Remove from oven; cool in pan on wire rack, away from drafts. Remove side of pan. Refrigerate several hours before serving.
Calories 823 Calories from Fat 565
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g99.1%
Saturated Fat 34 g169.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 329.4 mg109.8%
Sodium 540.2 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.69 g2.8%
Sugars 43 g
Protein 15 g29%
Vitamin A 42.7% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 22% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet