Sour Cream Walnut Cheesecake
|Zwieback crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce, softened (2 Packages Of 8 Ounce Each)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , well beaten|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Combine zwieback crumbs, the 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons of the walnuts; blend in butter or margarine. Press mixture evenly on bottom and side of an 8-inch spring-form pan. Chill.
2. Beat cream cheese with electric mixer at medium speed, in a large bowl, until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Beat in eggs, one third at a time. Turn into prepared pan.
3. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 40 minutes, or until center is firm. Remove from oven. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes, away from drafts.
4. Combine sour cream, remaining sugar and vanilla. Spread over top of cake; sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
5. Return to moderate oven (350°) 5 minutes, or until topping is set. Remove from oven; cool in pan on wire rack, away from drafts. Remove side of pan. Refrigerate several hours before serving.