Very Best Cheese Cake
|Graham cracker crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (About Sixteen 2 1/2-Inch Squares)|
|Butter/Margarine||5 Tablespoon, melted|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce, softened (2 Packages, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs with the butter. Turn the mixture into a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan, and press the crumbs firmly over the bottom and a third of the way up the sides.
2. Put the cream cheese, eggs, lemon rind, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup of the sugar into a mixing bowl. With an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the ingredients together until satiny.
3. Pour the mixture into the crust, and bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
4. While the cheese cake is cooling, raise the oven temperature to 450°F. Blend the sour cream, the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar, and the vanilla, and spread the mixture gently over the cheese filling. Return the cheese cake to the oven, and bake, uncovered, 10 minutes longer.
5. Cool the cheese cake in the pan on a wire rack until it reaches room temperature, then cover with aluminum foil and chill for 6 hours or overnight. Cut into slim wedges and serve.