Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake
|Broken gingersnaps||6 Ounce|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon, melted|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Cream cheese||1 1⁄2 Pound, softened|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. In a food processor, pulse the broken gingersnaps until they're finely ground. Transfer the crumbs to a medium bowl and stir in the melted butter. Pat the crumbs evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Wrap the bottom and side of the pan in a single large sheet of foil. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the crust is firm. Let the crust cool to room temperature.
2. Lightly oil the cut sides of the pumpkin. Place the pumpkin cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until tender, about 1 hour. Scoop out the pumpkin flesh and measure out 2 cups. Transfer to a food processor and puree. Let cool.
3. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°. In a large bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Add the cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, salt and half of the maple sugar and beat until combined. Add the remaining maple sugar and beat until incorporated. Scrape down the side ofthe bowl and beat in the pumpkin puree, followed by the heavy cream. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating until blended. Scrape down the side of the bowl again and beat until thoroughly blended, about 1 minute. Pour the pumpkin cheesecake batter into the foil-wrapped springform pan.
4. Set the pan in a baking dish or small roasting pan. Add enough hot water to the dish to reach halfway up the side of the springform pan. Bake the cheesecake for 1 hour, or until the filling is set around the edge and slightly jiggly in the center when the pan is gently shaken. Turn off the oven, close the oven door and leave the cheesecake in for about 1 hour to gradually slow the cooking. Transfer the cheesecake to a wire rack and let cool completely. Cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
5. Remove the foil and the springform pan ring. Using a hot knife, cut the cheese cake into wedges, rinsing the blade with hot water between each slice. Transfer to plates and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7591 Calories from Fat 5576
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 633 g973.1%
Saturated Fat 258.1 g1290.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2263.6 mg754.5%
Sodium 4718.4 mg196.6%
Total Carbohydrates 425 g141.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.6%
Sugars 307.9 g
Protein 87 g174.7%
Vitamin A 297.7% Vitamin C 5.5%
Calcium 117.3% Iron 105.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet