|Orange muscat wine/Such as essencia / 2 tablespoons each thawed frozen orange juice concentrate and water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||6 Large, separated|
1. In a 3- to 4-quart pan over high heat, boil wine until reduced to 1/4 cup (add water if reduced too much; if using orange juice concentrate, mix with water but do not reduce). In a bowl, with a mixer, beat reduced wine, cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, flour, orange peel, and vanilla until well blended.
2. Butter a 9-inch cheesecake pan with removable rim; dust pan with sugar.
3. Put egg whites in a large, deep bowl and yolks in the cheese mixture. Beat cheese mixture. Wash beaters.
4. Whip egg whites on high speed until thick and foamy. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar and continue to beat until whites hold soft, round peaks, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
5. Fold into cheese mixture. Scrape batter into pan.
6. Bake in a 325° oven until cake just begins to pull from pan sides and jiggles but isn't soupy in center when pan is gently shaken, 35 to 45 minutes (30 to 35 minutes in a convection oven). Cool on a rack (cake settles) about 1 hour; cover and chill until cold, at least 1 hour and up to 2 days. Remove pan rim.