Slow Cooker Sour Cream Cheesecake
|Graham cracker crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Sugar||12 Tablespoon (2/3 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Cream cheese||12 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Pure almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a bowl, mix the crumbs with the butter, cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of the sugar and a pinch of salt. Press the crumbs over the bottom and 1 inch up the side of a 6-inch spring form pan that's 3 inches deep.
2. In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle, combine the cream cheese with the flour, the remaining 2/3 cup of sugar and 1/4 tea spoon of salt. Beat at medium-high speed until smooth, 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl; add the eggs and the almond extract. Beat at medium speed until blended. Add the sour cream and beat until smooth. Pour the batter into the spring form pan.
3. Fill a 6- to 7-quart round or oval slow cooker with 1/2 inch of water and position a rack in the bottom. Set the cheesecake on the rack. Cover the slow cooker with a triple layer of paper towels and the lid. Turn the cooker to high and cook for 2 hours without peeking. Turn off the heat and let stand until the slow cooker has cooled, 1 hour.
4. Remove the lid and paper towels and transfer the cake to a rack to cool for about 1 hour. Cover with plastic and refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours.
5. Heat a thin-bladed knife under hot water: dry it and run it around the edge of the cake. Release the spring, lift the cake out, slice and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2853 Calories from Fat 1795
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 204 g313.5%
Saturated Fat 114.5 g572.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 997.4 mg332.5%
Sodium 1898.8 mg79.1%
Total Carbohydrates 228 g76%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 204 g
Protein 40 g80.8%
Vitamin A 141.1% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 66.5% Iron 24.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet