|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Digestive biscuits||10 , crushed|
|Cottage cheese||16 Ounce (Two 250 Gram/8 Ounce Cartons)|
|Liquid honey||2 Tablespoon|
|Natural yogurt||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Lemon||1 Large, juiced|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Large|
|Gelatin||1 Tablespoon, soaked|
|Lemon rind shred||1 Tablespoon|
1. Melt the butter in a pan, then stir in the biscuit crumbs. Press over the base of a 20 cm (8 inch) loose-bottomed cake tin. Chill until firm.
2. Meanwhile, place the cottage cheese, honey and yogurt in a bowl and mix together until smooth. Set aside a quarter of this mixture for decoration.
3. Add the egg yolks and grated lemon rind and juice to the remaining mixture and mix well.
4. Heat the gelatine gently until dissolved, then add to the lemon mixture.
5. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the mixture. Pour over the crumb base.
6. Chill for about 2 hours, until set.
7. Remove from the tin and place the cheesecake on a serving plate.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2031 Calories from Fat 1009
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g169.9%
Saturated Fat 58.6 g293%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 837.5 mg279.2%
Sodium 2755.2 mg114.8%
Total Carbohydrates 161 g53.5%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44%
Sugars 80.9 g
Protein 107 g213.6%
Vitamin A 55.7% Vitamin C 153.4%
Calcium 93.6% Iron 25.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet