The experts in the Kraft Kitchens have created hundreds of cheesecake recipes over the years. Michele McAdoo shares some of their secrets for cheesecake success. Hmm, we're wondering if they need any taste testers....
Graham cracker crumbs
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Honey Maid)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted
32 Ounce, softened (4 Packages, Philadelphia)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Prep Time - 20 min
Total Time - 5 hr 15 min
Servings – 16
1. PREHEAT oven to 325°F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 300°F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan).
2. Mix crumbs, 3 Tbsp. sugar and butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan.
3. Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
4. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
5. Pour over crust.
6. Bake 55 min. or until center is almost set.
7. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
8. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
- Sweets can add enjoyment to a balanced diet, but remember to keep tabs on portions.
- Top with cut-up fresh fruit just before serving.