Baked Raspberry and Ricotta Cheesecake
|For the crust|
|Melted butter||50 Gram|
|Digestive biscuits||150 Gram|
|For the filling|
|Ricotta cheese||500 Gram|
|Creme fraiche||200 Gram|
|Caster sugar||175 Gram|
|Runny honey||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|For the toppings|
|Fresh raspberries||275 Gram, divided|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
2. Grease the sides and base of the spring form pan.
3. In a food processor add the biscuits and process everything until you get fine crumbles.
4. Mix the crushed biscuits with the melted butter and transfer into the prepared tin.
5. Press down into the base of the tin to form an even layer.
6. In the food processor combine ricotta, crème fraîche, eggs, sugar, honey, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Blend it for few seconds until smooth.
7. In a bowl crush 100 grams of the raspberries using a fork.
8. Add the raspberries in the food processor and blend everything together.
9. Once done pour the filling mixture in the prepared baking tin and tilt side to side until you form even layer.
10. Bake it in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the cheesecake is pale golden and wobbles slightly in the middle when you shake the tin.
11. Once done remove and cover the tin with a foil and leave in a warm place.
12. The cheesecake has to completely cook before storing in the fridge overnight.
13. Release the spring form pan and using a sharp knife run it around the edges to loosen the cheesecake and remove it from the tin.
14. Place the cheese cake in a serving plate, top it with the remaining raspberries and sprinkle icing sugar on top.
15. Serve the raspberries cheesecake after a hearty meal.
20cm diameter spring form/loose-bottomed cake tin
Calories 576 Calories from Fat 273
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.5%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 166.2 mg55.4%
Sodium 253 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 40.4 g
Protein 16 g31.5%
Vitamin A 14.3% Vitamin C 21.8%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet