Mandarin Glazed Cheese Cake
|Graham cracker crumbs||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||5 Tablespoon, softened|
|Lemon gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Very Hot)|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce, softened (2 Packages, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chilled whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned mandarin oranges||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1. Combine graham cracker crumbs and 5 tablespoons sugar. Using a fork or pastry blender, blend in the butter. Using the back of a spoon, press crumb mixture in the bottom and sides of a buttered 8-inch springform pan.
2. Bake crumb crust at 375°F 8 minutes. Cool.
3. Put lemon-flavored gelatin into a bowl. Add the very hot water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool. Chill, stirring occasionally, until slightly thicker than thick unbeaten egg white.
4. While gelatin is chilling, combine cream cheese and vanilla extract. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, beating until blended.
5. When gelatin is desired consistency, stir several tablespoons into the cream cheese mixture. Continue adding gelatin mixture slowly, stirring constantly until well blended.
6. Beat the whipping cream in a chilled bowl, using chilled beaters, until it piles softly. Gently fold into the gelatin-cheese mixture. Pour mixture into cooled crust. Chill until set (about 1 hour).
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4210 Calories from Fat 2653
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 299 g460.7%
Saturated Fat 174.1 g870.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 980.2 mg326.7%
Sodium 2164 mg90.2%
Total Carbohydrates 354 g118%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.8%
Sugars 325.4 g
Protein 46 g91.2%
Vitamin A 271.3% Vitamin C 256.3%
Calcium 52.6% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet