Luscious Lemon Cheese Cake
|Zwieback crumbs||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Cream cheese||2 1⁄2 Pound, softened|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||4 , slightly beaten|
|Whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Butter bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
2. Mix crumbs, confectioners' sugar, and lemon peel in a bowl. Using a fork, mix in the butter. Reserve 3/4 cup of the mixture for topping. Turn remainder into prepared pan; press crumbs firmly into an even layer on bottom and sides of pan. Set aside.
3. Combine cream cheese, sugar, flour, lemon peel, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Beat until smooth and fluffy. Add the eggs and egg yolks in thirds, beating thoroughly after each addition. Blend in cream.
4. Turn mixture into prepared crust, spreading evenly. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top.
5. Bake at 250°F 2 hours. Turn off heat. Let cake stand in oven about 1 hour.
6. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.