Luscious Lemon Cheese Cake
|Zwieback crumbs||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Cream cheese||2 1⁄2 Pound, softened|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||4 , slightly beaten|
|Whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Butter bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
2. Mix crumbs, confectioners' sugar, and lemon peel in a bowl. Using a fork, mix in the butter. Reserve 3/4 cup of the mixture for topping. Turn remainder into prepared pan; press crumbs firmly into an even layer on bottom and sides of pan. Set aside.
3. Combine cream cheese, sugar, flour, lemon peel, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Beat until smooth and fluffy. Add the eggs and egg yolks in thirds, beating thoroughly after each addition. Blend in cream.
4. Turn mixture into prepared crust, spreading evenly. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top.
5. Bake at 250°F 2 hours. Turn off heat. Let cake stand in oven about 1 hour.
6. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7176 Calories from Fat 4682
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 532 g817.9%
Saturated Fat 299.8 g1499.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2788.1 mg929.4%
Sodium 4781.9 mg199.2%
Total Carbohydrates 509 g169.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 405.1 g
Protein 112 g224.1%
Vitamin A 371.3% Vitamin C 16.1%
Calcium 151.7% Iron 86%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet