Family Circle's Favorite Cheesecake
|Graham cracker crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sweet butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Cream cheese||24 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Can (10 oz) (1 Container)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla||2 Teaspoon (Filling)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Make crust: Generously grease a 9x3-inch springform pan with butter.Place pan in center of a 12-inch square of aluminum foil and press foil up around side of pan.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter in a small bowl until well blended. Press % cup of crumb mixture into bottom and side of pan. Chill prepared pan while making filling.
3. Make filling: Beat cream cheese in a large bowl until soft with electric mixer at low speed. Gradually beat in sugar until fluffy.
4. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, until well blended. Stir in sour cream, flour, vanilla, lemon rind and juice until smooth.
5. Beat egg whites until they hold stiff peaks in a large deep bowl with electric mixer at high speed. Fold whites into the cheese mixture with wire whip, until well blended. Pour into prepared pan.
6. Bake in moderate oven (350°) hour, 15 minutes, or until top is golden; turn off oven heat and allow cake to cool in oven 1 hour.
7. Remove cake from oven and cool on wire rack at room temperature. Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top.
8. Chill overnight before serving. Dust with 10X sugar.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6097 Calories from Fat 3730
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 422 g649.4%
Saturated Fat 223.5 g1117.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2293.6 mg764.5%
Sodium 3846.6 mg160.3%
Total Carbohydrates 499 g166.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.5%
Sugars 338.2 g
Protein 97 g193.7%
Vitamin A 264.2% Vitamin C 17.1%
Calcium 121.4% Iron 71.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet