No Bake Cheesecake
|Lemon gelatin||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Cream style cottage cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Dissolve gelatin in hot water in a medium-size saucepan. Pour 1/2 cup into a 1-cup measure; stir in cold water; set aside at room temperature while preparing custard mixture.
2. Beat egg yolks slightly in a small bowl with a fork; slowly stir in a generous 1/2 cup of the hot gelatin mixture, then stir back into remaining gelatin mixture in saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes; remove from heat. Chill 30 minutes, or just until thick as unbeaten egg white.3. Pour the saved 1 cup gelatin mixture into an 8 x 8 x 2 inch pan; chill 15 minutes, or just until sticky-firm.
4. Press cottage cheese through a sieve into a large bowl; stir in thickened gelatin-custard mixture, lemon rind and salt.
5. Beat egg whites until foamy-white and double in volume in the small bowl of electric mixer at high speed; beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until meringue forms soft peaks. Beat cream until stiff in a medium-size bowl with mixer at high speed.
6. Fold meringue, then whipped cream into thickened gelatin-cheese mixture until no streaks of white remain; spoon over sticky-firm gelatin layer in pan. Chill at least 6 hours.
7. When ready to serve, run a sharp-tip thin-bladed knife around top of dessert, then dip mold very quickly in and out of a pan of hot water. Cover with a serving plate; turn upside down; gently lift off mold. Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2457 Calories from Fat 1171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 132 g203.4%
Saturated Fat 77.9 g389.4%
Trans Fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 863.1 mg287.7%
Sodium 3760.9 mg156.7%
Total Carbohydrates 228 g76.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.93 g3.7%
Sugars 220.4 g
Protein 106 g211.2%
Vitamin A 118% Vitamin C 15.8%
Calcium 69.2% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet