|Crackers||18 , crushed|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce (At Room Temperature, Two 8 Ounce Packages)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg whites||2 , stiffly beaten|
|Commercial sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Large strawberries||1 Pint, washed and hulled|
1. If cheesecake is to be removed from pan, use a 9-inch "spring-form type" pan. If cheesecake is not to be removed from pan, it can be made in a 9-inch round non-metallic baking dish. (The first piece may be difficult to remove from baking dish.)
2. Lightly grease the cooking utensil.
3. In a small bowl combine cracker crumbs, softened butter and the 1 tablespoon of sugar. Press into bottom of greased pan.
4. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 2 (2/4) minutes, turning pan 1/2 turn after 1 (1 1/4) minute. Set aside.
5. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and the 1/2 cup of sugar together until light and fluffy. Add
egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and juice.
6. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
7 Pour into prepared cake pan; smooth with a spatula.
8. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 6 (8) minutes, rotating 1/3 turn after each 2 (2 1/2) minutes.
9 In a small bowl combine sour cream, the 1 tablespoon sugar and the vanilla until well blended. Carefully spread over top of cheesecake.
10 Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 1 (1 1/4) minute.
11 Arrange strawberries on cheesecake as desired and chill several hours before serving.