Creamy Cherry Cheesecake
|Fat free graham crackers||8 Large (2 1/2-X-5-Inch)|
|Fat free egg substitute||2 Tablespoon|
|Nonfat ricotta cheese||15 Ounce|
|Cream cheese||12 Ounce (Nonfat Or Reduced Fat)|
|Fat free egg substitute||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbleached flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned light cherry pie filling||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Low Sugar)|
1. To make the crust, break the crackers into pieces. Place the broken crackers in the bowl of a food processor or in a blender, and process into fine crumbs. Measure the crumbs. There should be 1 1/4 cups. (Adjust the amount if necessary.)
2. Return the crumbs to the food processor, and add the sugar and the egg substitute. Process until the mixture is moist and crumbly.
3. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Use the back of a spoon to press the crumbs over the bottom of the pan and 1/2 inch up the sides. Periodically dip the spoon in sugar to prevent sticking.
4. Bake the crust at 350°F for 8 minutes, or until the edges feel firm and dry. Cool the crust to room temperature.
5. Place all of the filling ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth. Pour the filling into the crust, and bake at 325° F for about 55 minutes, or until the center feels firm when lightly touched. Turn the oven off, and let the cake cool in the oven with the door ajar for 1 hour. (The top will crack slightly during cooling.)
6. Spread the cherry filling over the top of the cooled cake to within 3/4 inch of the edges.