Mascarpone Cheesecake With Blackberry Sauce
|Finely ground amaretti cookies/Coconut macaroon cookies/1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs mixed with 1/2 cup flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce, softened (Two 8 Ounce Packages)|
|Mascarpone cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen unsweetened blackberries/Raspberries||16 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the cookie crumbs and melted butter until well mixed. Press into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the side of an 8-inch springform pan.
2. In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, mascarpone, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Process until smooth and creamy. Scrape the cheese filling into the crust.
3. Place a vegetable steamer or other low rack on the bottom of a 5-quart electric cooker. Pour 1 cup hot water into cooker. Set the cheesecake on the rack.
4. Cover and cook on the high setting about 3 hours, or until set. (Do not attempt to cook on the low heat setting for a longer time.) Remove the lid from the cooker and turn off the cooker. Allow the cheesecake to stand in the cooker until cool enough to handle. Remove and cool to room temperature, then refrigerate several hours or overnight, until cold.
5. To make the blackberry sauce, puree the thawed berries in a food processor until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and blend well. To remove the seeds, press through a wire strainer into a bowl, pressing on the pulp and scraping the mixture from the underside of the strainer into the bowl. Refrigerate until serving time.