No Bake Cheese Cake
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Envelopes)|
|Cottage cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs), creamed|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Graham cracker crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
1. Mix together gelatine, 6 T. sugar, and salt in top of double boiler.
2. Beat together egg yolks and milk; add to gelatine mixture. Place over boiling water and cook, stirring constantly until gelatine is dissolved and mixture thickens slightly (6 min.).
3. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon rind. Chill to unbeaten egg white consistency.
4. While mixture is chilling beat cottage cheese on high speed of electric mixer 3 min. or press cheese through sieve.
5. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Fold in gelatine mixture.
6. Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Gradually add 6 T. sugar, and beat until very stiff. Fold into gelatine mixture.
7. Turn into an 8 inch spring form pan; sprinkle top with crumbs.
8. Chill until firm.
9. Approximately 125 calories per serving.