Blue Cheese Burgers
|Chopped onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Crumbled blue cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|French bread loaf||1 , unsliced|
|Softened butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a bowl combine onion, blue cheese, Worcestershire sauce and salt and mix well adding meat.
2. Shape mixture into 10 oval patties slightly larger than diameter of French loaf.
3. Cut French loaf in twenty 1/2-inch slices (freeze any extra bread).
4. In a bowl blend butter and mustard and spread on one side of each bread slice and reassemble loaf, placing buttered sides together.
5. Wrap in heavy foil and place on grill for 15 minutes.
6. Broil burgers about 8 minutes, turn and broil 4 to 7 minutes.
7. Serve between French bread slices.
Calories 457 Calories from Fat 318
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.7%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.6 mg30.5%
Sodium 711.2 mg29.6%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 20 g39.6%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet