Cheese Stuffed Burgers
|Basic creamy sauce mix||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sauce mix||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Use Basic Creamy Style)|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Grated sharp process american cheese||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cup)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Canned chopped mushrooms||3 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green onion||1 Tablespoon|
1) Take a 4-cup measure and mix together sauce mix and milk in it.
2) Cook the mixture in microwave for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes on High until it becomes thick and bubbly, stirring once.
3) Mix in cheese until melted.
4) Take a medium mixing bowl and mix together egg, 1/3 cup of the cooked sauce and bread crumbs in it.
5) Stir in ground beef.
6) Figure the mixture into 4 circles, each having 6 inches in diameter.
7) Blend 1/4 cup of mushrooms, rice and green onions.
8) Into the center of each meat circle, pour 2 tablespoons of mushroom mixture.
9) Seal the circles after folding their edges over stuffing.
10) In a 7-1/2" x 12" utility dish, cook the burgers for 5 to 6 minutes on High, turning them halfway down the cooking time.
11) Mix rest of the mushrooms with remaining cheese sauce.
12) Pour this sauce mixture over burgers and heat for 1-1/2 minutes on High.
13) Serve the burgers at once with more sauce poured over.