|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Taco sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Monterey jack cheese slices/American cheese||4|
1. Turn the oven to 350°. Use your hands to break up the ground beef as you put it into the mixing bowl. Add taco sauce, chili powder, and salt. Use your hands to mix well.
2. Place a sheet of waxed paper on the counter or table. Put the meat mixture on the waxed paper. Divide the meat mixture into 8 portions. Shape each portion into an oval patty, about 1/2 inch thick.
3. Place the patties in the baking pan. Put the pan in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. While the patties are cooking, put the tomato on the cutting board. Cut it in half with the sharp knife. Chop each half into small pieces. Save until Step 7.
5. With the table knife, cut each cheese slice diagonally in half to form 2 triangles.
6. Use the hot pads to remove the pan from the oven. Place 1 cheese triangle on each patty. Put the pan back in the oven for 1 to 2 minutes or till the cheese melts. Turn off the oven. Remove the pan from the oven.
7. Use the pancake turner to put a patty in a taco shell. Add a lettuce leaf and some chopped tomato. Serve with additional taco sauce, if you like. Repeat for each sandwich.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2131 Calories from Fat 1447
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 161 g247.8%
Saturated Fat 60.7 g303.3%
Trans Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 379.3 mg126.4%
Sodium 1932.4 mg80.5%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.9%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 98 g196.6%
Vitamin A 199.9% Vitamin C 62.3%
Calcium 56.2% Iron 46.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet