Curd Cheese Hearts
|Cottage cheese||225 Gram, sieved (8 Ounce)|
|Artificial sweetener||To Taste|
|Plain unsweetened yogurt||150 Milliliter (0.25 Pint)|
|Brandy||1 Tablespoon (To Decorate)|
|Vine leaves||1 Small|
|Black grapes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Mix the cottage cheese with a little sweetener to taste (if you don't have a very sweet tooth, this may not be necessary); blend in the yogurt.
2. Whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry; fold lightly but thoroughly into the cheese mixture together with the brandy.
3. Line 4 small perforated heart-shaped moulds with clean muslin; spoon the cheese mixture into the lined moulds and cover with another layer of muslin.
4. Place the moulds on a tray or baking sheet with a rim, and chill for 6-8 hours; the excess liquid should have drained away from the cheese, and the moulds should be firm enough to turn out.
5. Unmould the hearts and decorate with vine leaves and clusters of grapes.
Calories 102 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.1%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.5 mg3.5%
Sodium 227.4 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.26 g1%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 10 g19.4%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 1.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet