Home Style Macaroni And Cheese Presentation Part 5
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cajun seasoning||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Grated sharp cheddar cheese||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Elbow macaroni||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
* Preheat your oven to 375º. Have all your ingredients prepared and measured before starting because you will need each item to be ready to go.
* Fill your medium sauce pan with water and place 1 Tablespoon of butter. Place on medium heat so that the water is heating while other cooking is being done.
* Place your milk in a microwave safe container or another sauce pan to warm the milk. I use the microwave for this and put the timer on 1:30 minutes.
* In the deep skillet, place the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Turn on medium heat. Melt the butter stirring with whisk. Toss in the flour alittle at a time stirring continuously. Cook for 1 minute.
* Slowly pour in the warmed milk while whisking continuously. Once completely blended with the butter and flour; cook for 10 minutes stirring continuously. If you stop, the milk and flour will burn. Remove pan from heat.
* At this point, your water for the macaroni is probably boiling. Stir in the macaroni. Cook for only 3 minutes.
* Meanwhile, stir into the white sauce mixture, the Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper and ground nutmeg. Little by little stir in 4 cups of sharp cheddar cheese. Cover and set aside.
* The macaroni should be done. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
* Gradually spoon the macaroni into the cheese sauce mixture until all macaroni is covered in cheese sauce. Pour into a 1 ½ quart casserole dish.
* Place casserole dish into 375° oven on a cookie sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
* Remove from oven and cover with remaining shredded cheese. Let set for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
For more information please visit: http://www.cajuncookingtv.com
If you like this video, please remember to visit CajunCookingTV for more videos from Cajuncookingtv.