Super easy, economical and delicious! I'll also show you how to make Crostini with sweet glazed Balsamic Onions, topped off with our fresh, homemade Goat Cheese!
For the goat cheese
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
For balsamic glaze
1 Medium, thinly sliced
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
8 , grilled (crusty)
1 Tablespoon (canola or vegetable oil)
1. Line a colander, with triple layer of thick paper towels, cheesecloth or a clean dishtowel.
2. In a heavy bottomed pot, gently and slowly heat goats milk until it reaches 180-185 F, stirring occasionally.
3. Once the milk reach 180 – 185 F turn off the heat, stir in the lemon or vinegar and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
4. In the prepared colander, slowly pour in the milk mixture and allow it to drain for 2 hours, squeeze out any excess moisture occasionally.
5. On clean working surface, sprinkle alt and roll the milk mixture into a log and cover with plastic, refrigerate until needed.
6. In a pan, heat olive oil and toss the onions and add in salt and pepper for few minutes.
7. Add in the balsamic vinegar and sugar, allow to cook until the onions have darkened and the vinegar has reduced and thickened.
8. Place a small dollop of glazed onions on bread slices and top with goat cheese.
9. Serve immediately as desired..
To make goat cheese use all the sterilized equipments.
You and rub the toasted bread slices with garlic clove if desired.