If you are looking for something different to make as a Holiday appetizer, turn an old recipe into something new. Fondues are a fun way to add a European accent to your holiday party. Wegmans Executive Chef Russell Ferguson shows you this easy recipe using one of our favorite cheeses of the season. This is a great time saving way to make a great holiday appetizer that is interactive and one that all your guests will love.
L'edel de cleron cheese
7 Ounce (1 wheel)
Dry white wine
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Remove cheese wrapping and paper liner from carton. Return cheese to box; do not cover. Place in crock.
3. Create hole in top of cheese and fill with wine. Some of the wine will run over the top and down sides of cheese, but that is fine.
4. Place crock in center of oven. Bake about 15-20 min, until cheese is softened.
5. Remove crock carefully from oven. Remove top rind, if desired or move to the side with a spoon. Gently stir melted cheese and wine until smooth.
6. Set crock on a platter. Serve with crackers, veggies, cornichons, peppadews, sliced mortadella, and and sliced salamini.