Goat Cheese Marinated with Jordan Olive Oil and Citrus
|Feta cheese/Manchego cheese||1 Pound, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks (Cypress Grove Midnight Moon Goat Cheese)|
|Blood orange||1 Medium, peeled with pith removed|
|Lemon||1 Medium, peeled with pith removed (Meyer lemon)|
|Black peppercorns||10 Small|
|White peppercorns||5 Small|
|Kumquat/English marmalade||1 Cup (16 tbs), candied|
|Turkish bay leaves/California bay||3 Medium|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fleur de sel||1 Dash|
1. Use a vegetable peeler to broadly peel citrus rinds (approximate length: 2-3 inches).
2. In a bowl, combine sliced cheese with orange and lemon rinds, black and white peppercorns, marmalade or kumquats, 8 blood orange segments, 4 thyme sprigs and bay leaves.
3. Add extra virgin olive oil and gently toss.
4. Cover with saran wrap and set aside to marinate at room temperature for eight hours or in a refrigerator a minimum of 24 hours (or up to three days).
5. To finish the plate, bring the cheese marinade up to room temperature 45 minutes before your dinner party.
6. Toss gently again in same bowl to refresh ingredients.
7. On a platter, arrange the cheese slices and marinade and top with a few more citrus rinds
8. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil and garnish with a few fresh thyme sprigs and fleur de sel.
9. Serve as an appetizer.
Calories 574 Calories from Fat 478
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.5%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.3 mg22.4%
Sodium 865.9 mg36.1%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 12 g23.8%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 58.3%
Calcium 42.3% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet