1. Preheat the oven to 350° F/ 180° C.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, water and oil.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
5. Fold in the grated carrots, stirring to combine.
6. Drop about 2 tablespoons of the batter into each muffin cup, spreading it to cover the bottom.
7. Dollop on a heaping tablespoon of cheese filling.
8. Cover with enough batter to fill the muffin cups quite full. The batter will come to within about 1/4 to 3/8 inch of the top of each muffin cup. You may have some batter left over.
9. Bake the muffins in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake part of the muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
10. The tops of the muffins will feel firm to the touch.
11. Remove the muffins from the oven and when able to handle transfer to a rack.
12. These need to cool before serving to firm up and not burn your mouth.
If you love carrot cake with frosting, watch this recipe video of Cream Cheese Carrot Cake Muffin. This recipe takes the regular carrot cakes to the next level. Just imagine how it will feel when you bite into a cake get mouthful of soft and warm cream cheese with it? Well, you need to cook it to find out!