|Sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Pound, grated|
|Mayonnaise||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Durkee sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) Trim the bread crusts and arrange the other ingredients.
2) In a food processor or blender, process the cheese, mayonnaise, onion, optional Durkee's sauce, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce, until forms a smooth puree.
3) Season with salt and pepper.
4) Spread some of the cheese mixture on 2 slices of the bread, place one atop the other, then cut into 4 squares.
5) Repeat until the desired number of "2-story boxes" are formed.
6) Ice the sides of the boxes lightly with the cheese mixture.
7) To this point the cheese boxed may be made in advance and refrigerated or frozen.
8) Toast at 400°F 5 to 8 minutes, immediately before serving.
9) Either cut the sandwich into triangles or serve whole.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7360 Calories from Fat 5449
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 616 g947.6%
Saturated Fat 94.2 g470.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 729.2 mg243.1%
Sodium 9420.5 mg392.5%
Total Carbohydrates 324 g107.9%
Dietary Fiber 19 g76.2%
Sugars 17.5 g
Protein 112 g223.2%
Vitamin A 48.3% Vitamin C 18.8%
Calcium 211.7% Iron 105.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet