Raspberry Cheese Mold
|Frozen raspberries||1 , thawed|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raspberry flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 package)|
|Cream style cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Crisp salad greens||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Drain the raspberries and set aside 1/2 of the canned syrup.
2) In a medium bowl, dissolve the gelatin in boiling water. Keep stirring till the gelatin has dissolved completely.
3) Pour in 1/2 cup of the canned raspberry syrup into the gelatin. Mix well
4) Refrigerate the gelatine mixture for 60 minutes or till it resembles the consistency of an unbeaten egg white.
5) In an electric blender, add in the cottage cheese, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Blend at a low speed to get a smooth puree.
6) Add in the refrigerated gelatin mixture into the puree. Gently fold in the raspberries into the mixture.
7) Transfer the mixture into a 1-quart mold. Place it back in the fridge and refrigerate for about 3 hours till it sets.
8) To unmould the Salad, loosen around the edges of the mould. Turn the mould over onto the serving platter.
9) You may place a hot cloth over the mould to help speeden the process. Shake the salad gently onto the platter.
10) Garnish the Raspberry Cheese Mold with salad greens.
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.6%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 28.9 mg9.6%
Sodium 336.1 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 7 g13.2%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 20.5%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet