Pineapple and Cottage Cheese Salad Ring
|Pineapple juice||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Mayonnaise/Cooked salad dressing||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Crushed pineapple||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Yellow food colour||2 Drop|
|Finely chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Creamed cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crisp salad greens||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Into a bowl, add in the mayonnaise and 1/4 cup of pineapple juice. Mix and chill the bowl covered.
2) Into a 1-quart measurer, add in the leftover juice along with syrup drained from the canned pineapple. If needed, add in water to get 3 cups of the liquid.
3) In a medium pan, add in 1 cup of pineapple liquid. Sprinkle gelatin over it and let it soften.
4) Cook the gelatin over a low flame till the gelatin has dissolved completely.
5) Take the pan off the flame. Pour in the leftover pineapple liquid, lemon juice, sugar, salt and food colour. Mix till the sugar has dissolved completely.
6) Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for about 60 minutes till it starts to resemble the consistency of an unbeaten egg white.
7) Gently fold in the crushed pineapple, celery and cottage cheese into the bowl.
8) Rinse a 1 1/2-quart ring mould with cold water. Transfer the salad into the ring mould.
9) Refrigerate the mould for a few hours or preferably till overnight.
10) To unmould the Salad, loosen around the edges of the mould. Turn the mould over onto the serving platter.
11) You may place a hot cloth over the mould to help speeden the process. Shake the salad gently onto the platter.
12) Serve the Pineapple And Cottage Cheese Salad Ring with crisp salad greens. Put a cup of mayonnaise in the centre of the mould.
Calories 324 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.4 mg6.5%
Sodium 285.1 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.8%
Sugars 31.8 g
Protein 10 g20.9%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 82.4%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet