Baked Cheese Grits Casserole
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Grits||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Sharp cheese||2⁄3 Pound, grated|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) Heat the oven to 350°F.
2) Take a 1-1/2-quart casserole and grease it with butter.
3) In a large saucepen, bring the water to the boil, stir in the grits, and continue to stir until they are completely mixed.
4) Cook, keep stirring, until thickened.
5) With a wire whisk or fork, whisk the eggs gently, then stir a small amount of grits into the eggs to warm them.
6) Beat egg mixture into the grits off the heat.
7) Add the salt, garlic, paprika, Tabasco, cheese, and butter, and combine well.
8) In the buttered casserole, pour the grits mixture.
9) In hot oven, bake for 25 to 45 minutes, depending on the depth of the dish.
10) It can be cooked in advance and reheated.
11) Freeze the casserole, if needed.
12) Either serve immediately or reheat it and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2404 Calories from Fat 1395
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 170 g261%
Saturated Fat 95.4 g477.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 904.2 mg301.4%
Sodium 4983.5 mg207.6%
Total Carbohydrates 126 g41.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.6%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 102 g204.1%
Vitamin A 164.1% Vitamin C 11.1%
Calcium 223.9% Iron 46.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet