Watch as we make delicious vegan cheese stix with our favorite Daiya Cheese. Great to make for parties to enjoy with friends or all by yourself. Cholesterol free!
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)
For garlic herb seasoning
1. In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients of the garlic herb seasoning.
2. In a double boiler, melt the cheese mixed with soy milk and a teaspoon of the garlic herb seasoning. Transfer the mixture to a loafpan, make the surface even and refrigerate for about an hour.
3. On a chopping board, scrape the cheese neatly and cut into fingers.
4. In a separate small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs with the remaining seasoning.
5. Dip the cheese fingers one at time, first in soy milk then dredge into the flour, dip again into the soy milk and finally coat with the bread crumb mixture.
6. In a saucepan heat canola oil, fry the fingers for a couple of minutes until crisp.
Vegan Daiya Cheese Stix is only like the snack of Gods. That might sound a bit exaggerated, but this is one hell of a dish. This would be a good snack to make on Valentine's Day. Watch and learn from the video. And don't forget to enjoy.