Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Pate
|Smoked salmon||3 Ounce, cut in small pieces (75 g)|
|Full fat soft cheese||4 Ounce (100 g)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Ounce, melted and cooled (50 g)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced (to taste)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1.25 ml)|
|Black lumpfish roe||2 Teaspoon (10 ml)|
1) In a blender or food processor, place the salmon, cheese, butter, lemon juice and cayenne pepper.
2) Process the salmon mixture until well mixed.
3) Check and add more lemon juice if needed.
4) Divide the salmon mixture into 2 individual souffle dishes or ramekins.
5) Flatten the surface, and wrap with plastic film and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
6) Cut in each slice of lemon from edge to the centre, and twist in opposite directions.
7) Remove the plastic film off the pates and place on a serving plate.
8) Put each twist of lemon and 5 ml of lumpfish roe over each souffle and serve chilled.
This pate can keep for at least 1 week in the refrigerator, wrapped tightly in cling film before storing.