Mozzarella in Carrozza
|Vegetable oil/Cooking fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Bread loaf||1 Pound, sliced|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Pound|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
1. With a cutter or the rim of a small glass, cut the bread into 3 inch rounds.
2. Slice the mozzarella cheese 1/4 inch thick and a little smaller than the circles of bread.
3. Pour a pint of milk in a bowl and spread the breadcrumbs on a waxed or greaseproof paper.
4. In a deep fat frying pan or large heavy bottomed saucepan heat 3 to 4 inches of oil or cooking fat to 375°F.
5. Put the cheese slices in between two bread slices and make sandwiches.
6. Dip these sandwiches in milk for a short while and seal the edges by pressing them together.
7. Now dip each sandwich, in the egg mixture and then in the breadcrumbs, making sure its coated completely in the crumbs.
8. Fry the sandwiched in hot oil until golden brown on each side.
9. Drain on paper towel.
10. Serve hot with your favourite sauce or make it smaller to go as a canape with drinks.
Calories 918 Calories from Fat 438
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.2%
Saturated Fat 21.2 g105.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 313.1 mg104.4%
Sodium 1567.9 mg65.3%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 46 g92.3%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 84% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet