Cheese And Prawn Tartlets
|Baked tartlet cases||12 (blind)|
|Plain flour||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Dry mustard||1 Pinch|
|Cheddar cheese||6 Ounce, grated|
|Picked prawns||4 Ounce|
|Red pepper||1 Small (fresh or canned)|
|Fresh breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
1. Preheat oven at 350-375°F or Gas Mark 4-5.
2. For the filling, make a sauce in the usual way by mixing butter, flour and milk and heating it. Remove from heat and stir in the seasoning, mustard and cheese.
3. After the cheese has melted, add 12 prawns.
4. If using fresh red pepper, blanch it in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain the water.
5. Cut pepper into 12 thins strips and finely chop the rest of the pepper.
6. Add pepper into the sauce with breadcrumbs and egg.
7. Pour the above filling evenly in pastry cases. Bake it in a moderate oven at 350-375°F or Gas Mark 4-5 for 10 minutes, or until it becomes golden brown.
8. Garnish with whole prawns and strips of red pepper. You can serve Cheese And Prawn Tartlets hot or cold.