Cottage Cheese Fritters
|Plain flour||4 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Cottage cheese||8 Ounce|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Castor sugar||1⁄2 Ounce (For Dredging)|
|Lemon wedges||4 (Use A Few)|
1) In a large bowl, sift the flour and salt together.
2) Make a depression in the centre and crack an egg yolk into it.
3) Work the flour into the egg yolk, gradually adding water and beat thoroughly.
4) Then beat in the cottage cheese and blend thoroughly.
5) In a small bowl, whisk the egg white until just stiff.
6) Lightly fold into cottage cheese mixture until thoroughly mixed.
7) In a frying pan, heat the oil and drop in 4 separate tablespoons batter.
8) Fry over a medium heat until the fritters are golden brown below.
9) Turn over and fry on other side, then remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
10) Repeat the process 4 times to make 16 fritters
11) Dredge with the castor sugar until thoroughly coated.
12) Serve the Cottage Cheese Fritters hot with lemon wedges.