|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Poppy seeds/Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
1) In a bowl, sift together flour and salt. Cut in margarine.
2) Slowly add water and mix until pastry holds together.
3) Roll the dough into 1/8-inch thickness and spread grated cheese on half part of the dough.
4) Fold in half and roll again. Spread cheese on half and repeat the process.
5) Apply a coat of egg white and sprinkle remaining cheese and poppy or caraway seeds.
6) Cut it using a biscuit cutter and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
7) Serve the cheese stacks as a snack with tea or coffee.