|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Poppy seeds/Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
1) In a bowl, sift together flour and salt. Cut in margarine.
2) Slowly add water and mix until pastry holds together.
3) Roll the dough into 1/8-inch thickness and spread grated cheese on half part of the dough.
4) Fold in half and roll again. Spread cheese on half and repeat the process.
5) Apply a coat of egg white and sprinkle remaining cheese and poppy or caraway seeds.
6) Cut it using a biscuit cutter and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
7) Serve the cheese stacks as a snack with tea or coffee.
Calories 364 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.6%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.3 mg10.1%
Sodium 441.9 mg18.4%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 10 g20.7%
Vitamin A 21% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 22.6% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet