Cottage Cheese and Ham Cups
|Cottage cheese||8 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , finely minced|
|Chopped mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Diced ham||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley sprigs||4 (To Garnish)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) In a small saucepan, heat the oil and add the onion. Gently cook till it is tender.
3) Add the mushrooms and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, constantly stirring.
4) Take the saucepan off the heat and let the contents cool.
5) Through a fine strainer, push the cottage cheese, into a bowl.
6) Add the eggs, a little at a time, and beat well.
7) Add the diced ham, along with the onion, mushrooms and nutmeg. Add seasoning to taste.
8) With melted butter, brush 4 ramekins and divide the prepared mixture equally between them.
9) Place the ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, till well-risen and brown and bubbly on top.
10) Transfer the freshly baked preparation to a serving plate, garnish with sprigs of parsley and serve while still hot. Makes a good appetizer.