Cream Cheese Tart with Prunes
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cinnamon stick piece||3⁄4 Inch|
|Pitted prunes||3⁄4 Pound|
|Cream cheese||1 1⁄2 Pound, softened|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|10 inch unbaked pie shell||1|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a medium saucepan mix red wine, water, cinnamon stick, cloves, and prunes.
3. Boil the mixture for 1 minute and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Keep aside until ready to use.
5. In a large bowl beat cream cheese, egg yolks, and cornstarch until light and fluffy.
6. In another bowl beat heavy cream until stiff.
7. Add 3 tablespoons sugar and beat again.
8. In another bowl beat egg whites until stiff.
9. Add remaining sugar and beat again.
10. Fold whipped cream, beaten egg whites, vanilla, and lemon rind into cream-cheese mixture.
11. Drain the prunes, leaves cinnamon stick and cloves.
12. Spread over pie shell.
13. Spread cream-cheese mixture over prunes and smoothen top with spatula.
14. Bake in oven for 55 minutes.
15. Remove tart from spring form pan immediately.
16. Cool on cake rack.
17. Sift a light coating of powdered sugar over tart.
18. Serve hot.
Calories 976 Calories from Fat 574
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100%
Saturated Fat 35.3 g176.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 272.1 mg90.7%
Sodium 564.6 mg23.5%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g26.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 31 g
Protein 13 g25.1%
Vitamin A 52.6% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet