Cream Cheese Tart With Prunes
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cinnamon stick piece||3⁄4 Inch|
|Pitted prunes||3⁄4 Pound|
|Cream cheese||1 1⁄2 Pound, softened|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|10 inch unbaked pie shell||1|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a medium saucepan mix red wine, water, cinnamon stick, cloves, and prunes.
3. Boil the mixture for 1 minute and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Keep aside until ready to use.
5. In a large bowl beat cream cheese, egg yolks, and cornstarch until light and fluffy.
6. In another bowl beat heavy cream until stiff.
7. Add 3 tablespoons sugar and beat again.
8. In another bowl beat egg whites until stiff.
9. Add remaining sugar and beat again.
10. Fold whipped cream, beaten egg whites, vanilla, and lemon rind into cream-cheese mixture.
11. Drain the prunes, leaves cinnamon stick and cloves.
12. Spread over pie shell.
13. Spread cream-cheese mixture over prunes and smoothen top with spatula.
14. Bake in oven for 55 minutes.
15. Remove tart from spring form pan immediately.
16. Cool on cake rack.
17. Sift a light coating of powdered sugar over tart.
18. Serve hot.