Hot Sardines and Cheese
|Canned skinless boneless sardines||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely grated|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Melba rounds/Pita triangles||8 (Or As Required)|
1) Drain the sardines and place in a bowl.
2) With a fork, mash the sardines.
3) Add cheese, lemon juice, and pepper to combine.
4) Spread this mixture on the melba rounds or pita triangles.
5) Toast inside oven to make the mixture hot.
6) Serve the preparation immediately.
A toaster oven is perfect for heating.
Alternately, use a preheated oven at 400 degrees to bake about 7 minutes.