Celery Cabbage with Chive Cream Cheese Sauce
|Celery cabbage||2 Pound, cut in 1-inch wide pieces, about 12 cups (1 Medium Ones)|
|Cream cheese with chives||3 Ounce (1 Small Package)|
1. Heat a wide frying pan, melt butter and add cabbage.
2. Cover and cook over high heat until wilts.
3. Stir in between to avoid sticking.
4. Take off pan from heat.
5. Create a well in the center of cabbage.
6. Put cheese in it and quickly mash with a spoon until soft.
7. Tilt the pan to drain juice into cheese and blend.
8. Add peeled and sliced apples, the cabbage, salt, and pepper to taste. You can also add sugar for flavor.
9. Cook over simmer for 30 minutes.
10. Mix 1/2 cup dry red wine and cook quickly.
11. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter before serving.
Calories 114 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.6%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g27.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.3 mg8.4%
Sodium 127.9 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 3 g5.7%
Vitamin A 15.8% Vitamin C 9.7%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet