|Plain flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Ounce (60 Grams)|
|Grated cheese||1 Ounce (30 Grams)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Hard boiled egg||1 , finely chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 220 C (425 F).
2. In a bowl, sift salt, flour, mustard and cayenne.
3. Add grated cheese and margarine or butter.
4. In a bowl, beat egg yolk with lemon juice and milk and add it with dry ingredients to forma firm dough.
5. Place the dough on a lightly floured board and knead it smoothly.
6. Roll out the dough thinly and cut them into 4 cm (1 ½ inch) rounds using cutter.
7. Take a greased shallow oven tray and arrange the dough over it and bake in hot oven for about 10 minutes until the rounds get browned lightly.
8. Cool it and keep aside.
9. In a bowl combine 4 filling ingredients and mix them well.
10. Add half of the baked cheese rounds into this mixture.
11. Halve the other cheese rounds and place them over the filling mixture to resemble butterfly wings.
12. Arrange the gherkin strip to resemble the body of a butterfly and stick two small narrow pieces of gherkin to look like feelers.
13. Cool the cheese butterflies before serving it with a sauce.