Macaroni and Cheese Bake
|Butter||1 1⁄4 Tablespoon (1 Rounded Tablespoon)|
|Plain flour||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon (2 Rounded Tablespoon)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Macaroni||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), grated|
|Soft white breadcrumbs||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a saucepan, melt the butter, stir in the flour, salt, cayenne and mustard.
3) Blend until smooth, then stir and cook over a medium heat for 1 minute.
4) Pour in the milk, stir and cook until the sauce comes to a boil and acquires a thick consistency.
5) Stir in the cooked macaroni and 1/2 the grated cheese.
6) In a greased casserole, spoon the macaroni mixture.
7) Sprinkle with rest of the cheese and top with the breadcrumbs.
8) Bake in the preheated oven until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
9) Serve the Macaroni Cheese immediately.
Calories 361 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.6%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g52%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.9 mg16.6%
Sodium 363 mg15.1%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 15 g30.1%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 0.23%
Calcium 34% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet