|Salmon||1 Pound (1 can, pink or red)|
|Chopped onion||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Day old bread slices||8|
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
1. Pre-heat the oven at 350°.
2. Drain the liquid from salmon and keep it aside it for later use.
3. Remove skin and bones and break it into pieces.
4. Add onion, pepper, lemon juice and butter.
5. Remove crusts from bread slices and arrange four slices in a shallow 8" square baking dish or casserole.
6. Layer the top of bread slices with salmon.
7. Layer it again with the remaining bread slices.
8. In a bowl, break and beat the eggs.
9. Add milk, salt and salmon liquid. Mix it well.
10. Pour the above liquid over the bread slices in the casserole. Allow it to stand for at least 30 minutes.
11. Bake it in a moderate oven at 350° for 40 to 50 minutes, or until puffed and brown.
12. Serve Salmon Fondue with tomato or chilli sauce.
Calories 439 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.8%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 243.6 mg81.2%
Sodium 583.8 mg24.3%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.2%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 35 g70.2%
Vitamin A 12.1% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 19% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet