|Salmon||1 Pound (1 can, pink or red)|
|Chopped onion||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Day old bread slices||8|
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
1. Pre-heat the oven at 350°.
2. Drain the liquid from salmon and keep it aside it for later use.
3. Remove skin and bones and break it into pieces.
4. Add onion, pepper, lemon juice and butter.
5. Remove crusts from bread slices and arrange four slices in a shallow 8" square baking dish or casserole.
6. Layer the top of bread slices with salmon.
7. Layer it again with the remaining bread slices.
8. In a bowl, break and beat the eggs.
9. Add milk, salt and salmon liquid. Mix it well.
10. Pour the above liquid over the bread slices in the casserole. Allow it to stand for at least 30 minutes.
11. Bake it in a moderate oven at 350° for 40 to 50 minutes, or until puffed and brown.
12. Serve Salmon Fondue with tomato or chilli sauce.