Macaroni Meat Ball SoufflÃ©
|Elbow macaroni||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), scalded|
|Shredded sharp processed cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), or grated|
|Minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Soft bread crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs) (lightly packed for measuring)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375F.
2) In a pot of 8 cups of boiling water and 1 tablespoon salt, cook the macaroni as per its packet instructions.
3) Drain the macaroni and set aside.
4) In a bowl, add in the milk, butter, cheese, onion, salt and pepper. Mix well this the cheese melts. Shape these into little balls.
5) In a bowl, beat the egg whites stiff.
6) In a saucepan, beat the egg yolks well.
7) Slowly add in the egg yolks into the hot milk. Stir constantly. Add in the bread crumbs. Stir again.
8) Take the pan off the flame and fold in the egg whites.
9) Take a 2 quart casserole and grease the bottom. Toss in half the amount of macaroni.
10) Add in half of the milk-egg mixture. Drop in half the amount of cheese meatballs. Pour over the rest of the macaroni and sauce. Arrange the rest of the meatballs on top.
11) Place the casserole inside a shallow pan. Pour boiling water into the pan to fill to 1". Transfer the pan into the oven.
12) Bake for about 60 minutes. To test, poke a knife in the centre of the bake. It must come out clean.
4) Serve the Macaroni Meatball Souffle garnished with more cheese on top, if desired. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top.
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.3%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.5 mg36.5%
Sodium 376.2 mg15.7%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 12 g23.9%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 21.7% Iron 22.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet