|Day old white bread slice||8|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Tablespoon, shredded (as required)|
|Eggs||4 , slightly beaten|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon (as required)|
1) Preheat oven to 300°.
2) Butter a 1 1/2 qt casserole and place aside.
3) Prepare 4 sandwiches from the bread and butter.
4) Cut them into quarters or cubes.
5) Arrange 2 cut sandwiches at the bottom of the casserole.
6) Sprinkle half part of cheese on top.
7) Repeat the layers using remaining bread and cheese.
8) In a bowl, combine eggs, milk and remaining ingredients.
9) Pour the mixture over the breads in the casserole.
10) Place inside refrigerator for 1 hour.
11) Bring out and place in slow oven to bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
12) Serve the cheese fondue immediately.
For convenience, mix ahead; refrigerate and bake just before serving.
Calories 232 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.6%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 166.4 mg55.5%
Sodium 590 mg24.6%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.59 g2.4%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 10 g20.6%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet