|Butter||6 Tablespoon, softened|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Yellow cornmeal||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Distilled white vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Crust : In an electric mixer, beat the butter until soft and fluffy.
3) Beat in the sugar, then flour until the mixture is crumbly.
4) In a 9-inch square baking pan, press the dough into the bottom.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
6) Filling : In an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
7) Then mix in the cornmeal, vanilla extract, vinegar and eggs until the mixture is thoroughly blended.
8) Spoon the filling over the crust.
9) Bake in the oven for another 20 to 25 minutes until the filling is almost set.
10) Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
11) Slice into Chess Squares and serve on a platter.