Fluffy Fondue Casserole
|Bread slice||4 , toasted|
|Low fat cottage cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg whites||4 Large|
|Skim milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), fortified with 1/4 cup non-fat dry milk|
|Non fat dry milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chives||1 1⁄4 Tablespoon, chopped (1 Heaping Tablespoon)|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Take an about 8 X 13 inches oblong baking dish and grease thoroughly.
3) Spread margarine on the toasted bread slices.
4) Cut the slices into cubes.
5) Place the bread cubes at the bottom of the baking dish in an even layer.
6) In a large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks are formed.
7) In a blender, add cottage cheese to beat until creamy.
8) Pour in milk and gradually add all other ingredients to blend thoroughly.
9) Gradually add this mixture to the stiffly beaten egg whites.
10) Carefully pour this mixture into the baking dish.
11) Place inside oven to bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
12) Serve it hot or warm by garnishing with chopped fresh chives, if desired.