Cream Cheese Dainties
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Crisp rice cereal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), coarsely crushed|
|Candied cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Red And Green, As Needed)|
1) Mix together butter or margarine, cream cheese, sugar, and almond extract until light.
2) Combine flour, baking powder, and salt and mix it with butter mixture. Stir until just combined.
3) Chill this mixture for 1 to 2 hours. And then, make balls and roll them into rice cereal.
4) Place the balls on ungreased cookie sheet and top it with a cherry.
5) Bake the cream cheese dainties at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
6) Cool them and serve with tea on Christmas.