Cheesy Upside Down
|Potatoes||8 Ounce, cooked and diced (250 Gram)|
|Mixed vegetables||8 Ounce, cooked (250 Gram, Of Your Choice)|
|Canned tomatoes||8 Ounce|
|Self-raising flour||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Butter||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Needed To Mix)|
|Cheddar cheese||3 Ounce, grated (75 Gram)|
1) Butter a round oven proof dish.
2) Place the potatoes and mixed vegetables in the dish.
3) Pour over the tin of tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
4) Sieve the flour into a bowl with a little salt, and rub in the butter.
5) Add the egg and sufficient milk to make a soft dough.
6) Roll out the dough to size and place on top of the vegetables.
7) Brush with a little egg and milk and bake at 375°F (190°C), Gas Mark 5, for 30-35 minutes.
8) When cooked, turn out on to an ovenproof serving plate.
9) Sprinkle with grated cheese and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
10) Serve the pie immediately with melted cheese on the top.
Calories 590 Calories from Fat 248
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.3%
Saturated Fat 17 g84.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 126.6 mg42.2%
Sodium 1049.5 mg43.7%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 18 g35.6%
Vitamin A 41% Vitamin C 30.5%
Calcium 45.9% Iron 23.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet