Easy Made Swiss Cheese Fondue
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), scalded|
|Swiss cheese||1 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (Natural Or Processed)|
|Onion||1⁄2 (Thin Slice)|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Dry white wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|French bread||1 , broken into bite-sized pieces|
1) Into the blender, add in hot milk. Run the blender while dropping in the cheese cubes, one by one. Blend for about 50 seconds.
2) Add in the onion, salt, pepper, garlic salt, nutmeg, cayenne pepper and flour. Blend for a few seconds to get a smooth puree.
3) Pour the mixture into the fondue dish placed over hot water. You can also use a heavy saucepan or chafing dish.
4) Cook the fondue over low heat till it starts to thicken.
5) Pour in the dry white wine.
6) To serve, place the fondue sticks around the dish. Place the bowl of bread cubes on the side.
7) Guests can dip the bread into the warm cheese, using the sticks, and twisting in the fondue to coat all over.